Friday, June 26, 2009

Zucchini Soup II Revisited


Today I made Zucchini Soup II and it is in the canner at this moment! I forgot to give credit to those that created this recipe---The Sister's Cafe, http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com . They have the most incredible recipes there! Don't go to their blog if you are on a diet!

The Zucchini Soup II is really tasty, even without the add-ons! I made some minor changes, but it shouldn't taste any different than the original. I used:
--4 cups of sliced zucchini instead of three (one large, not huge!, zucchini)
--because the canned chicken stock is in a 14 oz. can (the recipe calls for 16 oz.), I added a spoon of powdered broth and another 3-4 oz. of water to the can of broth
--I added one clove of garlic, crushed

I like having a small canner so I can can small batches of new things to try. It heats up fast, too. I like having my big canner so I can can large batches of foods I really like. In a couple of days I will open a 1/2 pint jar of this soup and have a taste-test with the little bit of leftover soup that wasn't canned---comments to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment