Friday, August 21, 2009

Canning Outdoors

Over at the Frugal Canning blog, they have been testing different ways of heating up canners for outdoor canning. They said, "We have hit the mother load of heating solutions for canning! Finally a heater that boils water in the canner in 8 minutes and reduces the amount of fuel used." They have different kinds of heating units and tell how well each one works.

"So the turkey fryer has won the contest to date . . . I can now have two to four canning pots going at once to maximize my time and productivity. If I have a huge batch to do I get out the three burner stove and get two more canners going. When I do low acid foods I use two to three pressure canners."

To read more of this post and see more pictures, go to the Frugal Canning blog

No comments:

Post a Comment