Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Challenge for You!

Kellene Bishop, the Preparedness Pro, has issued a challenge, one that I will take up starting this Sunday--no shopping for food or household supplies for two weeks! That means no restaurants, farmer's markets, or borrowing from neighbors, although bartering with neighbors is acceptable (similar to a real emergency situation). This is to test your emergency preparedness, to show where the holes are in your storage. An added bonus is that she has 10 emergency preparedness prizes to give away. Interested? See her post here for more information!

Kellene also has an excellent article, well documented, about the Swine Flu Vaccination here and why you may want to avoid it.

6 comments:

  1. Get a good book like "Emergency Preparedness the Right Way" by Howard Godfrey. This book covers food storage, water storage, water purification, bug out bags, emergency cooking excetra. One book will not cover everything, but this is a good starting point. It has a good list of referance materials at the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I appreciate finding good books that help me learn more and better ways of doing things, especially with emergency preparedness! I will look into getting that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this food challenge with your readers! We've had a great response to it so far. Are you planning on participating? It'd be great to hear your experiences through the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I will be participating, starting tomorrow. I had to buy some supplies for the canning seminar today, otherwise I would have started yesterday. I am excited to see where the holes are in my storage! Thanks for the challenge!--Be Prepared (aka Garden' Judy).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! I do "mystery shopping", and I've got to do 3 more Taco Mayos this week, so I can't participate....

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, the challenge can be done at any time--this particular one had prizes offered.

    ReplyDelete