Monday, August 10, 2009

More Canning

Bill has been at it again! He canned 12 quarts and 4 pints of Kosher Dill Pickles, and 18 pints of Bread and Butter Pickles, AFTER THE SEMINAR!!! He must have an iron will, or maybe it's iron legs, to be able to stand all day at the seminar, and then into the night canning pickles! My question is--where is he going to stash all of the canned goodies and how long will it take for him and his wife to eat it all?!?! Actually, he gives away a lot of what he makes, so really he has to keep restocking his shelves!

Last week I canned 10 pints of Mexican Salsa and 11 pints of Super Salsa (recipes in the canning binder). The vegetables came from my garden, and I wanted to see which salsa I liked better.

2 comments:

  1. Well. Which one do you like better?
    I'm thinking tomorrow I'll do the Mexican Salsa.
    Today is Pickled Jalapenos (Nacho Style)and Spaghetti Sauce. All from our garden.

    A little hint. Don't take a long distance call from your brother when cooking jalapenos. Whe it says 5 minutes, 8 minutes is to much. Oh how we live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Super Salsa yet, but I do like the Mexican Salsa. I was surprised that it tasted sweet, but it is good with salty chips.

    ReplyDelete